Thursday, February 17, 2011

Weekend Projects

Since I've been living at home, Mom and I have been trying to finish projects we started a while ago but never finished.It's funny how satisfying it is to finally complete something that's just been sitting there, looking all sad and pathetic with like glue or threads hanging off of it almost saying "help me! help me!" I found an unfinished wooden jewelry box from Michaels a while back and since it was pretty cheap I decided to get it, worrying a little that I might never actually paint it or fix it up the way I wanted. But Mom and I got creative and decided to have a fun artsy day so I painted the box off-white to match the rest of the furniture I have (my dresser, bookshelf, and nightstand all match thanks to my dad and Wayne), then we searched high and low for flocked paper that would look good and be soft enough to put my jewelry on for years to come! We finally found some at Papersource (because it is heaven) and I went to town! I'm pretty happy with it especially since it was an easy project!






We have another project coming up for this long weekend (hopefully) that will help us to complete at least one of my New Years resolutions which is to stop (completely) using plastic bags! I know, I know...A little late but better late than never, right? We picked out some beautiful fabric from the oh so wonderful IKEA a month or so ago and I can't wait to use it! I figure that if I have a really cute shopping bag then I'll be more inclined to remember and use it...hopefully.We'll post pictures of the process and completed project soon! In the mean time, here's a sneak peak at Julie's new project!

No comments:

Post a Comment